National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
The course will empower participants to develop a strong network to support them as Headteachers. Participants will be assessed through a written assignment to ensure they have reached the qualification requirements, plus a viva interview to assess them against the more challenging Ambition bar.
The programme comprises a series of training sessions, along with pre and post reading, a nine-day school placement and an in-school impact project.
The training sessions will include the following six core areas:
- Leadership skills for Headteachers
- School self-evaluation and school improvement planning
- School culture and vision
- Operational management of school including finance and HR
- Teaching, learning and curriculum
- Pastoral leadership
The project element of this course is in two parts; delegates must:
- Lead a change programme at wholeschool level, lasting at least two terms, to improve pupil progress and attainment.
- Undertake a placement in a contrasting school (for example, by performance, pupil profile, geography) lasting at least nine working days.
This programme is ideal for:
• Deputy Heads who are aspiring to Headship
• Deputy and Associate Headteachers and
• Assistant Heads whose role is commensurate to that of a Deputy Head
Duration and location:
This programme is usually delivered over 6 full-day sessions over a 12-18 month period, from a central location.