National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
The main focus of this programme is the participant’s own leadership development, including how to make best use of tasks and tools to make the transition to senior leadership.
Participants will be assessed through a written assignment to ensure that they have reached the qualification requirements plus a viva interview to assess them against the more challenging Ambition bar.
The programme will consist of a series of training sessions, along with pre- and post-reading and an in-school impact project.
The training sessions will include the following five core areas:
- Self-development and stepping up into senior leadership
- Strategic leadership using data
- Leadership of whole-school CPD
- Teaching and learning improvements
- Horizon scanning and looking to the future
Participants will need to lead an improvement project across their school, lasting at least two terms, to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching.
This programme is ideal for:
- Middle leaders who are aspiring to senior leadership
- Those likely to be in a senior leadership role in the next 12-18 months
- Those who have completed at least one year at a middle leadership level
- Those who may have served on an extended SLT
Duration and location:
The programme consists of 6 x full-day sessions (plus a celebration event) over a 12-18 month period. It can be delivered centrally or regionally, dependent on cohort sizes.