TKAT Aspiring Leaders
TKAT Aspiring Leaders Course
The TKAT Aspiring Leaders Programme has been designed to inspire and develop our future leaders within the primary sector. This is an exciting opportunity for colleagues to focus on both the practicalities and theories of leadership, while working collaboratively with others. It is aimed at our talented teachers who have shown leadership potential and leaders who are newly appointed to their first role of responsibility.
This programme will be held over 5 seperate sessions:
What makes an effective leader?
- Indentification of leadership qualities and attributes
- Who are effective leaders and why?
- Your qualities and attributes as a leader
- Managing relationships with peers.
Developing and sharing a vision for Teaching and Learning
- Visions within effective organisations
- how to create a vision of Teaching and Learning and how to communicate the vision (presentation skills)
- Stephen Covey theory
- Indentifying barriers and erradicating them
- Introduction to Lesson Study and how it links to leadership
Making Impact as a leader of Teaching and Learning
- How leaders infuence others in order to create success - effective communication
- Linking Teaching & Laerning to pupil performance
- Accountability of colleagues
- managing difficult conversations
- Presentation from a primarymiddle leader who has competed TKAT CPD
Changes to the eductional climate
- How changes will affect eductaion globally / your Academy / your students
- How to deal with these changes effectively by adapting practice and overcoming barriers
- Developing a cultute where change is embraced
- Identifying CPD needs
- How to create an effective strategic plan
- Setting targets for yourself as well as colleagues you line manage
- Developing others through delegation
- Prioritising situations and time management
- Reflection on how they've changed as leaders since the beginning of the programme
- Group presentations