TKAT Coaching for Middle Leaders
Provided by TKAT
This programme is designed to enhance coaching skills and practice to support middle leaders I securing accountability, improving performance and developing positive relationships in their subject / year group / curriculum areas. The programme is a perfect mix of theory and practical activities to increase knowledge and confidence in middle leaders' ability to use this essential tool in the leaders' toolkit.
The content of this programme can be adapted to meet the needs of individual leaders, team areas for development and the school's context. Current modules covers the following aspects of coaching:
- Differences between coaching and mentoring
- Active listening and deep questioning
- Being an active participant in a coaching relationship
- Understanding the benefits coaching brings to departmental and school culture as well as to individuals
- How to ensure commitment to planned actions from colleagues
- Using coaching principles to secure improved performance and increased levels of accountability
- Use of STRIDE model for more effective line management
- Effective use of skills / motivation matrix to develop individuals within your team
- Strategies for holding difficult conversations and dealing with blocking
- Developing emotional intelligence
'The coaching for the Middle Leaders programme was hugely beneficial to The Academy, Selsey. Professional bonds were formed and developed, problem-solving capacity was strengthened and the confidence of all participant's soared. Moving forward, we see this as an exciting step towards personalised CPD and a self-improving system, as we roll it out across the staff'.
This programme will develop the leadership skills of middle leaders, by developing coaching strategies that can enhance professional relationships, improve performance and increase levels of accountability within teams.
This programme can be commissioned by a single school to work with the selected middle leaders, or the whole middle leadership team. Alternatively, if schools across a region have a number of middle leaders wishing to develop in this area a regional cohort could be created.
This programme is usually delivered in 4 x 2 hour sessions over the course of two terms. The delivery model can be adapted to suit schools needs however.
The commissioning school, or a regional venue.
This programme is free.
For more information about this programme, please contact:
Rachel Tizard, Group Director of Learning, rachel.tizard@tkat-org.
Register your Interest: