The Talented Leaders Programme
Provided by The Future Leaders Trust
There are areas in England where young people’s achievement is significantly below the national average because schools struggle to recruit great headteachers. Talented Leaders offers experienced school leaders the opportunity and support to make a positive impact in these areas where their leadership is most needed.
This programme is aimed at experienced school leaders who are ready to take up a new, challenging headship in a DfE priority area.
Schools can apply to host a Talented Leader. More information can be found here.
- Residential training in the Summer before you take up your headship post to help you develop your vision and values for the school you will lead as well as refreshing the skills you will need for taking on a new and challenging headship
- On-going support and tailored training from The Future Leaders Trust’s Headship Institute, the country’s largest network of Headteachers of challenging schools
- Personal mentoring from an experienced Headteacher
- £50,000 Leadership Sustainability Fund to secure improvements and build a strong leadership pipeline in your new school
- Up to £5,000 a year to reward your achievements and support your continued development
- Assistance with relocation
- The opportunity to make a real difference to an area that needs you
'Talented Leaders provides a network of people in your area who share the same challenges in a way that other networks don't. I plan to use the money received through Talented Leaders to develop my school's middle and senior leaders - then when new leadership roles come up I'll be able to recruit from within and keep Suffolk going from strength to strength'.
Selective entry. Primary and Secondary schools applying to employ a Talented Leader will need to meet certain criteria.
Those who join Talented Leaders are expected to commit to their new school for at least three years, embedding sustainable improvements and strong leadership capacity.
DfE priority areas (regional preferences will be taken into consideration). Schools can make a case for eligibility.
No cost to participant. Relocation package available. Schools are required to pay the salary of their Talented Leader headteacher.
For more information about this programme, please visit The Future Leaders Trust.