Headship Now! including NPQH
Provided by The Future Leaders Trust
Headship Now! including NPQH is a programme for senior leaders preparing to take on their first headship within 12 to 18 months. This one-year intensive leadership development programme brings together career, application and interview support with the structured skills-based training of NPQH. The Future Leaders Trust has supported over 150 school leaders to headship – and they can help you do the same.
Great leaders make great schools, and great schools transform the life outcomes of students. This programme is the only NPQH designed to prepare school leaders to lead challenging schools.
- Over 50 hours of face-to-face workshops, including three residential weekends and two stand-alone modules delivered regionally
- Exceptional facilitators who have made sustained whole-school impact
- Tailored executive and expert coaching with a successful current or former head
- Tailored career support
- 360° development tool
- Optional nine-day placement at a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ school
- Networking events with outstanding colleagues from around the country
- National College-accredited NPQH qualification subject to passage through the National College assessment gateway
- Access to the Future Leaders Headship Institute, the country’s largest network of headteachers of challenging schools, upon gaining headship
The workshops provide skills that can be immediately applied within your school. Trainees demonstrate impact through an Impact Initiative project which is in line with the school’s improvement plan.
'The Future Leaders Headship Now! Including NPQH programme has been amazing. Every training session has been focused, fast-paced and packed with exceptional speakers. I’ve had the privilege to meet and learn from so many great people, all of whom share my commitment to provide an outstanding education for every child. The experience has been hugely informative and reflective because of the high quality of discussions and feedback. The level of personalised support is also fantastic and I now feel confident about taking the next steps in my career'.
This is a non-selective programme, open to both Primary and Secondary senior leaders who will be ready for headship within 18 months. The NPQH element requires successful passage through the National College entrance gateway. You can find more information here.
One year, starting in February to ensure preparedness for headship application in the winter and spring terms.
The three residential weekends take place at Wyboston Lakes, Bedfordshire.
Up to £3,500. The National College offers scholarships. The same programme can be completed without the NPQH qualification at a cost of £3,250. Participants on the Future Leaders programme receive a subsidised price.
For more information about this programme, please visit The Future Leaders Trust.