HEAD TEACHER INDUCTION:- Introduction to people management
For recently appointed or aspiring head teachers.
This workshop is aimed at newly appointed head teachers or those aspiring to be a head teacher to gain an overview of key people management issues and priorities that a head teacher will face.
Brief description of content:
This workshop will equip managers with information, and/or skills and best practice guidance on
- People & HR team overview
- People policies, terms & conditions & employment law
- Working with trade unions
- Pay policy & teachers’ pay progression
- Handling safeguarding allegations from a people-management prospective
- Managing attendance
- Leadership skills and further professional development opportunities