NQT Induction Programme -Challenge, Expectations and SEND Primary
NQTs & those overseas trained teachers who are following the TKAT induction programme.
Aims of the session are:
- An opportunity to share experiences and work collaboratively with NQTs from across the trust
- Learn new strategies and techniques to support or extend SEND students
- Revisit and prioritise prior knowledge and skills regarding teaching SEND students
- Opportunity to reflect and plan for putting new strategies in place
- Work with SENCOs to further increase your knowledge and be able to ask questions about specific aspects of SEND provision for your pupils.
Overview of workshop:
This is a half-day session that forms part of the TKAT NQT induction programme. All NQTs are welcome to attend the session.
As well covering content related to the objectives above you will have the opportunity to reflect and apply your learning to your school context and pupils.
This is also an opportunity to network with other NQTS, to share experiences and gain support from your fellow NQTs and the Hub Facilitator. The NQT programme is designed to reflect TKATs commitment to teachers’ wellbeing.
There will be a lunch provided in this session where Primary & Secondary NQTs can meet together to give you an opportunity for further networking and collaboration.
Cost for delegates if non TKAT:
£60 per 2-hour taught session per NQT
£300 per NQT for the whole course, to include all NQT
taught sessions and a half day Induction Tutor training session (for one person from each school)
A saving equivalent to 2 days free training when the whole program is booked together.